IUPAT Community Day of Action
To celebrate the IUPAT International Day of Action on April 21, 2018, District Council 82 will be holding a food drive for Second Harvest Heartland. It’s important to help because …
- Today, one in 10 of our neighbors lives with hunger; one in six Minnesota kids is hungry.
- Did you know that senior citizens are the fastest growing demographic that utilizes local food shelves in Minnesota? That number has increased by 49 percent since 2012.
- Second Harvest Heartland serves 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin and because of their ability to leverage relationships.
- Just $1 can provide 3 meals, and a $1 donation can provide $7 worth of food and groceries.
- $10 can help provide dinners for a week for a family of four.
Upon approval by the committee, the DC 82 PATCH Foundation will match monetary donations up to $2,500. We will be at the District Council office on Saturday April 21st from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Please stop by with a monetary donation or non-perishable food items, have a cup of coffee and join in the conversation. Let’s show our community that union me mbers are part of the solution. For more information about hunger in our community, visit 2harvest.org
These events are just a few of the dozens of community projects that IUPAT volunteers are participating in throughout the United States and Canada on April 21st 2018. The members of the IUPAT are committed to giving back to the communities in which they live and work, and this Day of Action is just one day in the many more we have planned to volunteer our skills to take care of our neighbors. We hope to inspire others to do the same.
Search #IUPATwins2018 and #IUPATgivesBACK To Follow All The Action on Social Media